Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today is Your Last Day

While I was upstairs this morning getting ready to begin my day, I saw an undesirable little creature crawling around on the windowsill. I watched it for a couple of seconds before I declared aloud, "Today... is your last day!" I meant it. No more crawling around in the cracks and crevices of my house. No more sneaking into tiny hiding places and showing its ugly little head at an inopportune moment. No more! And then, just like that, I ended its little bug life. No regrets, no shame, no hard feelings. In fact, I smiled as I wiped it into eternity. And it got me to thinking.... What if I was as quick to rid myself of other "undesirable creatures" in my life? How much cleaner would my life be??

There is a game I like to play occasionally on my iPhone called Spazzle. The object of the game is to smack the heads of unwanted rodents as they appear in your garden. They come quickly and randomly, sometimes one at a time and sometimes several at once. But they only appear a couple of seconds before they disappear, so you must strike immediately. As the levels increase, so do the vermin. You must be quick and precise to keep your garden clear of all those pests! Hummm... funny how a little game seems a lot like real life.

So today I think I'll take a good hard look at the windowsill of my life and see what might have wandered in uninvited. Yes, I think I'll find out what undesirables are lurking around unnoticed, making plans to take up permanent residency in my 'home' and then take some time to 'clear out the temple', so to speak. Today is the perfect day to go through the "friend list" in the facebook of my soul and "de-friend" the unwanteds, saying to them loud and clear, "Today... is your last day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment